So we just got the long awaited for 1.1 update, and it's got a number of pretty cool changes! I would like to use this thread to discuss people's thoughts on the new update :)
Here is a list of many of the updates from the official Hive forums:
Here are my thoughts:
1. The weekly challenges: I always liked the Event Islands, but I will have to see about this one. The current pet is "Vine Wolf", a redisgn of Wild Wolf, which is lame to me. I didn't like the Fashionistas event, so I hope all of the rewards will not just be recolorizations. I also don't like having to summon Forrest pets specifically to complete the challenge, as I already have all of the forrest pets and I would rather spend time on other summons.
2. The New Arena Changes: This doesn't affect me much. It's great to be able to swap opponents for newer players, but I rarely lose since I am higher leveled and so I don't foresee myself using this feature (unless it's to complete the secret badge). I also don't need the deck preview as I like the challenge of the opponent's surprise pets (although again this could be very useful in completing the secret badge). I haven't used these features yet so I don't know how they work (do we pay gems?)
3. Retry Summoning: This is cool because I often forget the pets I just summoned with. A minor update, but nice.
4. Villians in Xiolin: This is interesting. I will have to play with it more to get an opinion.
5. Universe Dragon Skills: This doesn't affect me yet as I don't have one, but I will be interested to see how it works.
NOT LISTED IN HIVE: Giant Pets????-- I noticed that some pets are temporarily giant and there is a tiny treasure chest above them that when clicked just gives a quote. I don't know what the point of this is yet? Any ideas???
Anyway, those are my thoughts on the update. What do you all think?